You all know the history of Ganked, you all know what we have become over the years, and you have all experienced our ups and downs as we have gone into space on over 150 occasions. As every week has gone by, our fleet size has grown, our Saturday roams are now The Event when it comes to regular NPSI events, and we often get into memorable fights – intentional or otherwise.
Despite loving everything that we have become when it comes to fun filled Saturday nights, I want to have those memorable fights happen more often. However a 150 – 200 pilot fleet, in increasingly more serious setups, will NOT get those fights all the time. It is the nature of EVE that people will run and hide from such a thing, especially if they see it often and/or have no friends.
In an effort to both solve this and my recent lack of contact with EVE (and all of you) outside of FCing a roam from time to time, I announce Ganked: A Spin Off. I could wax lyrical about what I think this is, what I hope it will become, but even I get tired of my own words from time to time. Just read the FAQ below!
What is Ganked: A Spin Off?
- A limited numbers roam to take place on a week day, flying very specific, and often very serious and expensive doctrines.
Limited numbers? Doesn’t that go against your support for “open to all” public roams?
- Yes it is limited. Specifically they will be limited to 52 pilots (One FC and one full wing with a wing commander). Smaller numbers should ensure that interesting regular fights are found often, without the need for our opponents to over-ship, or batphone EVERYONE!
- I still support open to all NPSI, however sometimes, one has to do things differently. This will still be NPSI.
- Ganked has over the years begun using doctrines, some self designed, others cribbed from entities across EVE, however we are still loose about enforcement of these. For Spin Off, we will continue to use doctrines, including more of our own devising, and I will be ensuring that doctrines are followed 100%. No more will sebo spam be tolerated unless the doctrine calls for it, no more will any old amount of logi suffice – if we do not get a particular amount, the roam will not happen.
- Of course, I will be using Spin Off as a proving ground for doctrines I want to use on Ganked in a larger format, so while I do say expensive, not everything will be.
- Ships used on these roams will include HACs, Tech 3’s, Battleships, logistics, capitals, and many other ship types especially T1 cruisers.
You say week day, but how can I join, I am x timezone and you are in Gods Own Timezone?
- I envision these roams to change time zones weekly. Initially they will be limited to GMT/UTC and EST on an alternating basis either on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. Crims and PST pilots, I know I am missing you out, but come on I have to sleep sometime. Honestly though, Mate Roams have your backs anyway!
What about RvB Ganked?
- Ganked is still very much alive. I – and our guest FC’s – will never stop organising our famous weekend roams, and getting us into the massive fights we end up in.
- Over time I hope to see many of the doctrines used by Spin Off, utilised by Ganked. Even if they have to be tweaked to be more usable by all, I know you will enjoy flying them.
- Ganked will also benefit in that pilots who fly on Spin Off, will undoubtedly see their piloting skills improved, as well as seeing more pilots take up the logistics mantle, or even step up as FCs.
How do I get involved?
- You do not need to sign up to another mailing list. These will be advertised via the RvB Ganked mailing list. I will use a prefix to mark them as what they are. So folks do not get confused and show up to the wrong thing in the wrong ship. The information for these will never be displayed in the RvB Ganked channel MOTD, that is always going to show the Weekend roam information. They will not be advertised via the RvB forums either.
- You do have to have a fleet-up.com account with membership of the RvB Ganked group. All Spin Off roams will require that pilots RSVP via the Operations section of the Ganked Fleet-up.com group. This will enable me to track and balance logistics/deeps/support.
- (Optional) RvB Ganked has its own forum, found here. I will be using this to discuss doctrines for Spin Off as well as allowing folks to have their say when doing Spin Off after action reviews. Allowing involved pilots to determine whether a doctrine would work within the larger community is a key aspect of Spin Off.
I’m a newbro, can I take part?
- Yes. In many doctrines newbro’s have a place. Even if that place is tackle (suicide or otherwise) or being a bro a T1 logistics cruiser. Obviously from time to time a doctrine may not offer newbro’s or low SP folks an opportunity to fly with Spin Off, thats just how it will be. We’ll always have the weekend roams, and of course the good work Spectre Fleet does every day of every week, along with Redemption Roam’s new newbro series.
When is the first Spin Off roam?
- I am tentatively penciling in October 28th. This may well change, so keep an eye on the mailing list/our fleet-up.com group. Regardless, this program will go live after EVE Vegas.
- As yet I am unsure of the doctrine to be used.
I created a poll, vote in it!!!