When the in game clock ticks over to 17.55 today, Mangala Solaris will have been a member of the amazing institution known as RvB for exactly 3 years.
Like many of you, I first joined RvB with an alt however in July 2010, not long after returning from the outside world, I found myself looking for a home with my main and so I signed up to Blue Republic with Mangala. Within hours I was whoring those mails and even getting the odd final blow. My favourite kill from those early days will always be this one, and people wonder why I like the unlimited combat area so much!
Somehow I started FCing – arranged fights, impromptu scraps, roams and so much more – and from there I helped out in Command a couple of times and slowly moved towards becoming the pimp for RvB I am today.
During my journey from eager RvB main to jaded & bitter RvB veteran I have seen & undertaken many things:
- Four moves from Verge Vendor to Everyshore to Lonetrek and now The Forge;
- Helped RvB pass 500,000 kills, kills which no matter how they were made all have a story behind them;
- Several epic wars with those smelly layabouts over in EVE University, during which high sec saw what we still hold to be the largest battles between two entities it has ever seen;
- Innumerable other third party wars, some fun ones, some not so fun – MATE;
- An RvB directors’ wild idea go from a simple purple roam to become EVE’s premier public roam, with dear old me having FC’d over 50 of them;
- Our Mass frigate FFA’s, a couple of which have given the server a severe RvB shaped headache;
- And who could forget all the support & assistance RvB gave me during my successful campaign to become a CSM 8 Delegate.
After three wonderful years & nearly 6000 killmails that I have found my way on to, I feel more at home here than ever, and I know that this is down to all of you. This includes the people who cause me to get annoyed, the people who cannot read the rules, the people who make the rules, and especially the people who make it a joy to log in and (occasionally) undock. Keep doing what you do and I’ll still be here in another 3 years.